Wednesday, June 20, 2018

BEING A MOTHER IN MY EARLY 20S.

HOW DOES IT FEEL BEING A MOTHER?


Being a mother is the most rewarding,it makes you feel joyful,elated,empowered and invincible,but it is also the most frustrating experience,giving birth to a baby is an exciting moment because of the newness of the experience,but it is also time for uncertainity,becomimg a mother expands the love in your heart that you didn't know existed,this kind of love is different from the love you had for your parents or your husband.

Being a mother allows you to be able to love from a different part of who you are,becoming a mom comes with feelings of inadequacy because there is learning curve involved,but the most important thing is that you are not alone,all mothers experience the same process and you will get through it,you dont really have to be perfect,but you do have to understand it is okay to make mistakes in motherhood.
SCHOOLING AND PARENTING.
Parenting: It been a hard work for me it has not been an easy task,the fact that both parents must be with the baby all time to ensure that you are raising a happy and healthy child has been so challenging because i have to chase my carrier and the fathers child has to look for a living.
The most important thing that i have kept in mind is that you must adapt your parenting to fit your child,by keeping pace with your child's development,close monitoring your child's behaviour will be an easy task to raise a good mannered child,if you dont manage your childs behaviour when he is young,he will have a hard time learning how to manage himself when he is older and you will not be around.
Any time of the day or night,you should be able to answer the following questions:Where is your child?Who is with my child?What is my child doing?the rules your child has learnt from you are going to shape the rules he applies to himself.
Parents should avoid harsh discipline,never hit a child under any circumstances,children who are hit or slapped are more prone to fighting with other children,they are more likely to be bullies and more likely to use aggression to solve disputes with others.
SCHOOLING:balancing study work and family life takes one to be well organised,waking up early for classes needs sacrifice and commitment,although parenting should be a full time job,time is actually hard to find,but here are some of the motivations;
  • plannig ahead: I prepare for larger projects and exams well in advance,this helps me to arrange for a baby sitter or ask a family member to help me if I need to devote much of my time to a paper or projects,because studying for a big test is time intensive so I try to make my child's schedule to ensure that it does not conflict with my exams.
  • Talking with my instructor:Establishing contact with my lecturer early and telling the that am a parent makes for them the work easier and with me also if i miss adeadline might be because my baby was not feeling well,keeping my communications clear and concise with my instructors shows them that i value time.
    Preparing family meals earlier:To minimize week night rush and free up study time,i prepare the meals during the weekends,i check out meal planning sites that help me set a menu for the whole week.

    Taking breaks:
    i need to refreshen up my mind which helps me feel less stressed,and also time for my family and having fun together so we plan a movie night or a game night to help keep everyone smiling during the busy time.
    CHALLENGES.
    Inappropriate socio-economic conditions:the costs associated with transportation,ready to serve food for lunch and also child care are causing alot of expenditure causing financial strain for my husband.

    The inflexible eduction system:
    inappropriate curricula and limited collaboration of the instructors and classmates causes longer period of study due to strikes by students or lecturers.

    Physical and mental strain:
    constant worries about my child and also studies causes alot of stress,suffering from fatigue also is caused by the work pressure and multiple roles of being a mother and studying.




No comments:

Post a Comment

HOW DO YOU LIKE TO WEAR YOUR KHAKI PANTS..

There are some styles on how to rock in your khaki pants, they can be worn either to work, to the party or any occasion you wish to attend, ...